View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #57
georgec
Not a hero

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

The leap from BB to TDK was incredibly huge. If there were expectations for a similar-sized leap from TDK to TDKR, they could not have been possibly met. I went into the movie not with a "Will this be better than TDK?" mindset, but a "I'm looking forward to the final chapter in this trilogy" mindset. I think this helped me enjoy the film more. I had ideas and theories of how it would unfold (Blake is Blake ), but these weren't rigid and I tried not to have any strings attached.

I'm not saying every person who didn't like the film screwed themselves by having a bad attitude, but I do think some people hampered their ability to enjoy the film with fairly high expectations. We've all done that before.

TDKR has some flaws (like the other two movies), but overall it's such an emotional, visceral, engaging, epic story. I could not have hoped for a better conclusion to the trilogy of Bruce Wayne's personal journey.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.