View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #72
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I really don't understand all this talk of TDKR being clunky or being a mess. It just baffles me. I never have any idea what you guys are talking about when I hear stuff like that. It's almost as if im watching a completely different movie.

Oh well! Ill probably never understand those claims.

I just watched TDK again the other night, and as much as I love it, I don't get it when people say TDKR was not even close to that level of quality.
it has to do with the rushed quality of the film. Amazing time jumps that are hardly explained.

Lackluster characters like Talia, who could have been pretty amazing if they hadn't spent so much time making Bane everything and leaving her with the the leftovers of his damage.

Forgotten characters like Gordon throughout most of the film. Part of what makes TDK so great is that it plays between a few main characters, one of them being Gordon who holds a lot of weight in the film. TDKR seems to forget that Gordon is a major part of this Gotham. It also seems to forget Selina in the middle part of the film, instead focusing on quick glimpses into John Blake's life. Whom I still think adds nothing to the film that couldn't have been done with more from Gordon and Selina...even so what they show of Blake is really nothing much. Just him going here, going there...

and worse for me...it wasn't about anything. There's a threat on Gotham and it has to be resolved but there was so much more in TDK's threat. It wasn't going to be the end of Gotham as we know it but the ramifications of what happens in TDK were going to be far and wide no matter what.

TDKR seemed superficial. Throw a nuke in there and every one will have to accept the damage that can be done but I was hoping for a more internal story like the other two.