View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #73
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Breaks my heart a little that Rag didn't like the film, considering how much I loved his input during the buildup here. (I think I saw it at the same showing as you in Lincoln Center btw Rag). Especially considering the great posts you used to make about Bruce Wayne's journey, and how much the film really fulfilled all of that stuff.

Ah well. I certainly don't fault the third film in a series for leaning on elements of the first two films. It was meant to close off the trilogy. That's the decision they made from the get go. Even Jonah Nolan said that you like to think of each movie as stand alone but the truth is when it's a trilogy none of them really are. I think that's how they approached TDKR. "We're making a trilogy here, stuff that happened before matters and will tie in." No pretenses about making a fully stand alone film. If you go to see a third movie in a franchise, do the required viewing.

Personally, I dig that. One of my biggest pet peeves of the previous Batman franchise was next to 0 continuity between films. I liked that certain elements weren't off the table to be revisited.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158