View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #89
Isearch4dope
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I remember saying right before shooting starts on TDKR that it'll probably be nothing like TDK and I knew people would walk in on opening night expecting a TDK 2.0

BB was drastically different than TDK and so was with TDKR, also each film has it's flaws whether you brush it off or not. I'm on the camp where my only complaint about TDKR was the length, it needed either to be longer to drag out certain scenes or cut out of the film completely (and even with that it's hard to do). Otherwise, I didn't see anything I didn't like, it's still a Batman film the end and for me it did a pretty good job ending Nolan's run on the franchise.
Indeed we weren't expecting TDK 2.0 but something on the same level at least...not weaker. You see it all starts with picking the right challenge and scenarios to fulfil your story that won't instantly garner attention from viewers who could see judging from your past work that you know better.

Pretty good job indeed in the ending itself yes but by no means in the execution. I swear if I would have only seen the ending before getting to see the entire movie I probably would have publicly declared that the movie will be the most epic of epics to ever hit cinemas.