View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #93
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raganork View Post
it has to do with the rushed quality of the film. Amazing time jumps that are hardly explained.

Lackluster characters like Talia, who could have been pretty amazing if they hadn't spent so much time making Bane everything and leaving her with the the leftovers of his damage.

Forgotten characters like Gordon throughout most of the film. Part of what makes TDK so great is that it plays between a few main characters, one of them being Gordon who holds a lot of weight in the film. TDKR seems to forget that Gordon is a major part of this Gotham. It also seems to forget Selina in the middle part of the film, instead focusing on quick glimpses into John Blake's life. Whom I still think adds nothing to the film that couldn't have been done with more from Gordon and Selina...even so what they show of Blake is really nothing much. Just him going here, going there...

and worse for me...it wasn't about anything. There's a threat on Gotham and it has to be resolved but there was so much more in TDK's threat. It wasn't going to be the end of Gotham as we know it but the ramifications of what happens in TDK were going to be far and wide no matter what.

TDKR seemed superficial. Throw a nuke in there and every one will have to accept the damage that can be done but I was hoping for a more internal story like the other two.
Fair enough. I don't see it that way though. I also had no problems with Gordon's stance in the story or Selina's. It needed to serve the story, not "we have to do some insane stuff for Gordon to do because he's Commissioner Gordon"...no, he had more to do in TDK because that's what that story called for. TDKR didn't call for it. We may disagree on that, and that's fine. Gordon in this movie still had more to do than the Burton/Shumacher movies, so hey..im not going to complain.

Quote:
it has to do with the rushed quality of the film. Amazing time jumps that are hardly explained.
I didn't really need the time jumps to be explained personally, but I will say that it would have been cool if the movie was longer and did go into the details. I get that criticism even though it didn't affect me.

I would love to see a director's cut that put the film to about 3 hours. A good 20 minutes extra, of the 5 months of prison time + the reactions of the people in Gotham when it was under siege AND more violent actions taking place to the rich people, etc. Things that could only make it onto a Blu-ray release. Not counting some of Bane's origins. Simple things like showing him traveling across mountains, reading books and showing his intellect and of course a couple of shot of Bane training with Ra's. These are things that weren't necessary for me but it would be an incredible extra to have.

Just 20/25 minutes of extra footage.

But the rest of the complaints don't really sit well with me. I just don't see them like some of you do.

Last edited by shauner111; 05-14-2013 at 03:02 PM.