View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #94
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raganork View Post
The absolute worse one was the Gordon one. What a way to screw up that moment. It's written badly, shot badly, edited badly.

Batman and Gordon have been a team since BB but in their last scene they almost play off as virtual strangers. Then to make it even less subtle they throw that flashback at us.

That was the perfect time for Gordon to pull off a moment more akin to "We need to save Harvey Dent, I need to save Harvey Dent!". Something personal and responsive, not some half assed: "Bruce Wayne?"
Damn, you don't even like the "Even a man doing something as simple.." line? I absolutely adore that moment and the way Bale plays it. Everything else is secondary to me there. Flashback was unnecessary, I agree...but to be fair, we're just seeing Gordon's memory being triggered there, no different than the Two-Face flashback really.

I think the slightly underwhelmed reaction was part of the point though. The rich spoiled brat? It shows how much more powerful Bruce is as a symbol than a man. It's like Gordon is struggling to believe it at first.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158