View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #98
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
No its not a continuity shot problem (off course the continuity is broken ) , or editing or anything in that sort of department. The moment Bane says its time to go mobile , it takes what ? 5 minute ? 7 minute ? There is no way they can pass 5 minutes from the moment a stock exchange works to night. Its simply impossible. Earth doesn't rotate that fast.

If the scene had dusks transitioning, the whole chase would have to work like that and it wouldn't end at night. But the purpose of the scene is to see Batman again at its own environment. They choose to film the whole thing at night. After that you cant hide the blunder.

The problem is in the conception of the scene. Stock exchange hours. 5 minutes for the file to upload. Night chase. You cant make this facts continuously , unless ...you don't.

You cant transition smoothly a time lapse of 5 minutes like that.

Comparing with a much bigger scene in Syfall is apples and oranges. You have so much more time to do time transitions.
No...I don't agree.

Once they're in the Stock Exchange time outside can pass in almost anyway. There's an indeterminate time between the first Gunshot and them leaving. They aren't doing anything timed until the latter half of being inside the stock exchange.

So holding the captives COULD have taken hours. If they had shown a few shots of Foley outside waiting for whatever he was waiting for and it was becoming increasingly darker then the whole thing would have made more sense.

So I call it a continuity problem. They shot one half during the day and the other half at night and didn't bother to think of the downtime in the middle.