View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #74
BenKenobi
Banned User

Default Re: What did you LIKE and ENJOY about Iron Man 3 [SPOILERS]

The Mandarin was a relatively obscure character and was basically just propaganda against communist China. The film makers have had a hard time figuring out what to do with him from the start and the movie cleverly acknowledges this and makes a comment on how we make "boogie-men" to influence public opinions. Plus lets be real, despite being Iron Mans Arch Nemesis in the public eye he's not even a forth as popular as even anyone of Spider-Mans B List enemies.

Thing I really enjoyed about the Avengers was how true it felt to the comics in certain regards. Like the scene where Loki is threatening the Hulk, I assumed they were going to have a fight that made it seem as if they were on the same level of power, but they quickly broke that cliche as we all know. One of my big concerns from this however was that directors and writers would no longer have room to deviate from source material and characters like Spider-Man 2's Doc Ock, would not exist in the MCU. This however showed they are still willing to allow creative freedom and from that respect the movie really impressed me.

Aside from that the movie was:
Fun
Funny
The internal conflict seemed real and not contrived like the stupid "I'm dying" in the previous installment

You know people these days don't put nearly enough value on a good time and thats what I had watching this movie and what I'd expect for 13 bucks. Stop your complaining it was pretty good.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote