View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #117
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raganork View Post
personally I think Gordon should have never asked. Bruce should have wanted him to know. Everyone else did and this man who has stood by him and suffered much because of their partnership didn't.

I would have loved if they played off a Year One scenario. Gordon's glasses are destroyed in the crash and Batman takes off his mask when Addressing him and says: "Gordon...Thank you." and Gordon says: "You don't have to thank me...you know...I'm practically blind without my glasses"

And that little lie (or non-lie) is exactly the eternal bond between them. I'll keep your secret no matter what..even in the end.

No silly flashback needed.
Gordon deserved to know more than just Bruce's identity though. He deserved to know that before Batman was his hero, he was Batman's hero. That's a huge point of the movie and a great theme. I was really glad to see Bruce make that clear to him.

He wasn't reluctant to tell Gordon his identity, he quickly gave that up for his friend. He just wanted to make sure Gordon understood the importance of preserving the symbol. He wanted the hero to be Batman, not Bruce Wayne.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 05-14-2013 at 03:31 PM.