View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #119
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
Hmmm....again No. But i understood your point. You didnt understand the mechanics of the scene maybe ? I dont know. Something like that. Or i didnt made myself clear You certainly know stock exchanges close at specific times. Here in Europe and in the US its usually at 16.00 .

So with that in mind....how do you transition between , lets say 15.54 of Bane's plan (and it must happen before the stock closes) the 5 minutes it takes to upload ....and night ?

You can't transition. If they are there for hours he doesnt go mobile. Or he doesnt execute his plan. Or maybe he would have gone during the day.

The moment they chose a particular setting...a stock exchange , and a night chase scene they simply cant put both following one another without looking broke. It's a conception problem.

Continuity is mismatches in positions and gradings. Not the architectures of the scene.

You've wrote time in that scene is very indeterminate , when actually its the most determinate. You know Bane's time to upload , and you know its a Stock. Basic time inputs that give you every single information about when it starts and when it ends.

Its broken because its misconceived . Or , rephrasing it , because night compositions with the Batman look frigging gorgeous.
This shouldn't factor into it. I always feel if you have to get as far as rationalizing something based on minute details like: "When does the stock exchange really close" then the film hasn't done it's job presenting itself as a world in itself.

People shouldn't have to rely on their knowledge of how a real stock exchange works for a scene that had almost nothing to do with the actual workings of a stock exchange.