View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #76
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
It took forever and a day just to get a glimpse of footage/trailer for The Wolverine. I believe that FOX has seen the material and know they've got a stinker on their hands. That's why it's not getting very much marketing or promotion. You have to remember that FOX is the KING of marketing--there is simply no studio that does it better.

I fear they are hiding The Wolverine until the last minute for a reason.
To be honest, I don't think this is the case.

Mangold took his time getting the first footage released - either he works slowly or there have been studio discussions (and possibly meddling) about the tone of the movie and the direction it should go in. Mangold was saying at the beginning that this was a Japanese film-noir piece but the eventual footage isn't really like that; it seems more like a traditional action movie. Fox may want this to be more of a safe summer blockbuster than anything too riskily edgy or arty.

Another factor is Fox's bad marketing. We all saw those appalling posters for First Class. For some reason, the marketing at Fox has taken a nosedive these past few years.

And the other thing is that they may be waiting for all the hoo-ha about Iron Man 3, Star Trek Into Darkness, to die down so that Wolverine stuff doesn't get drowned out and stands more chance of getting people's attention. That's not a good idea, in my view. They should still market the film even if there's a lot of competing marketing going on.