View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #993
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

LOL @ the last few pages. I seriously couldn't read all of them to catch up with the discussion.

But bottom-line is, the important thing about making these movies are earning money $$$. Box-office numbers proved that the Original trilogy are more successful than First Class especially if you adjust the ticket prices. X-Men: Days of Future Past wouldn't get a lot of hype and buzz if it wasn't for the actors of the original trilogy coming back. The general audience are more familiar and interested with the original cast and the characters that they are portraying and thats why after DOFP, they need to move on with them in the 8th X-Men film.

Even if James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence don't return for another movie it wouldn't hurt the next film, since the audience know that they are from the "past" and FC was a prequel. As long as they have Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman and the other cast members of Days of Future Past/Original trilogy returning for the 8th X-Men movie and they include new cast members, the movie would still be successful.

But if the 8th X-Men movie just consists of returning cast members like Mcavoy, Fassbender, Hoult and Lawrence and they don't bring back the OT cast. This franchise would lose the momentum that they will get from DOFP.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018