View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #22
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
If DoFP is the magnum opus that many of us non-cynics expect, then FOX would be wise to follow the road that the first trilogy was on. Build to an apex, then do spin-offs from there.Even a Wolverine solo film is an unknown quantity at this point in time, that says it all.
I think thats part of the issue though.Since they aren't rebooting they have had more then enough time to do that, and this film does seem to be the apex for the franchise. The first thing to prove is that they can make a good X-men movie, but after that it's very important they bring on a bigger Universe. The franchise can't stay like it was, even with the same cast. Comic films have evolved and this frnachise needs to feel new not old.

Seems X-Men fans are always wanting more characters and development regardless of how many characters are already in a film. X2 included. I think that says alot. Very few have got the attention they deserve, and they have had the time. It's always "I want Jean, Nightcrawler and Cyclops back", "can Gambit be in this?", "I can't believe they don't have Psylocke", "Wtf so no Banshee?", "I want to see Polaris, Cable, Sunfire etc". Theres a strong unmet demand to see all these characters. Unfortunately the route they have gone with one main film hasn't really left anything open for the supporting roles like NIghtcrawler, Emma Frost, Havok, or Gambit even when they are introduced. They kind of just bring them in to drop em out when fans want alot more. Cause of all that, and just the huge size of the X-Men universe it's pretty much fact Fox's previous way of handling X-Men is not gonna reach it's potential with just one film every 3 years. Even aside from teams like X-Force and X-Factor there are just too may characters to just shove in one film and risk losing by the next if they continue like this.

They have a ton of different options without us really knowing much. So regardless of how they handle it, Fox's situation to me is the most interesting of all the Marvel studios.

Last edited by def28; 05-16-2013 at 07:28 AM.
def28 is online now   Reply With Quote