View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #71
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dang! Beat me to it.
My 2 cents anyways:

Damon Lindelof () on the JLA movie and tone of Man of Steel

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...league-problem
Quote:
Lindelof goes on to say he thinks Man of Steel should be a PG movie rather than the PG-13 that it has wound up with.
"In the spirit of not throwing stones from the glass house in which one resides, the same should be said of Star Trek," he says...Donnerís Superman is a very adult movie. It doesnít feel like itís being whitewashed or watered down in any way. It feels real, cool, fun, escapist and upbeat. The larger thing for Man of Steel, is like, 'Yes, we all are consuming darker stories.' Again, glass house. But itís like, 'Is there any way we can get the word dark in it?'"
Wait, wait, wait... How would MoS benefit from being PG? The violence is toned down? Uh. And? That's what was wrong with the last (still PG-13) big-screen Supes. Aside from the airplane/shuttle rescue the large-scale action was nonexistent.
I am tired of hearing about Donner's Superman. We get it. It's a classic. Moving on.
"Dark" is way overused as a term.
Taking the movie seriously = Dark.
More themes to think about = Dark.
No wink, wink, nudge, nudge. You're watching a movie based on a comic book. = Dark

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia