View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
Yeah, I don't see how you can't go with TDK trilogy. Its easily the most consistent, even if you aren't much of a fan of the film. Every other superhero trilogy has atleast one entry that struggled with fans and critics. Even 'Rises', which a lot of boardies like to rag on, was better received critically than 'Begins' and has plenty of fans and plenty of people who think it tops TDK. I think a great trilogy is certainly when all three chapters are strong enough to be the favorite. There are plenty of people who like 'Begins' the best, plenty who like 'Rises' the best and the majority like TDK the best. Spiderman is mostly Spiderman 2 with a few for the original, same goes for the X-men series with X1 and X2 and Iron Man is mostly IM1 and IM3. The chances of getting Sm3, Im2, X3 as an answer for best of the series is so low its not even funny. TDK trilogy is consistent, simple as that.

Yep, that's the bottom line. I remember back when Wally Pfister was talking about the script before they even filmed anything. He basically said the same thing you did about the consistency of the series where each movie is good enough to have people who prefer it over the other two movies.

TDK trilogy is the only one in the genre to pull this off so far. I think Burton could have pulled it off if he made a third movie, but as we know WB pretty much shoved him out the door. Likewise, I think Singer would have made a good third movie if he didn't jump ship for Superman Returns.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote