View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #46
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - - Part 13

Yeah Cavill is a great representative of all the positive sterotypical qualities of English people

He makes us look good... very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I wouldn't kill to be British, but I'd kill to live in Britain. Like when I'm old, to live in one of those little villages in the country with my 25-year-old mistress... heaven. I'm a huge anglophile myself. I loved London when I visited it back in 2000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I loved York, disliked London. Our high school tour bus was pelted with oranges by some hooligans. Plus I thought it was like New York City, except foggier. And the food was expensive, so I ate tea sandwiches all week and lost 5 lbs. (I'm already skinny, those were 5 lbs I didn't have to lose!)

But the smaller cities and villages just have so much character and culture in them, it's really interesting to see how people live there. I thought the same thing when we went to France and Italy.
What would you say are some of the interesting differences you've seen in the UK?

I'm just so curious how you guys see us from the outside!

And yeah, I come from small country towns and i've both loved and hated them for various reasons at different points in my life.

I'm much happier in Bristol at this stage It's such a great city, so much character. Always lots creative and interesting things going on.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*