His mother dresses him funny too. Watcha gonna do about it?
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer
Yeah Cavill is a great representative of all the positive sterotypical qualities of English people
He makes us look good... very good
What would you say are some of the interesting differences you've seen in the UK?
I'm just so curious how you guys see us from the outside!
And yeah, I come from small country towns and i've both loved and hated them for various reasons at different points in my life.
I'm much happier in Bristol at this stage
It's such a great city, so much character. Always lots creative and interesting things going on.
I went to a summer program in Northampton with my sister when I was 13.
- It’s funny how you guys call the TV “telly”.
- Obesity was a little more common than I was used to (I lived in Portugal at the time).
- Law-abiding. This Russian girl from my program once accidentally shot a bit of foam from a fire extinguisher and they summoned us all to the common room to tell us about how dangerous that was, etc.
- I was really into these books called the Adrian Mole diaries at the time, which paints this very cynical and humorous portrait of Britain, and I found it to be somewhat accurate. I remember walking by a pastry shop and there was this young rough-around-the-edges guy offering fudge samples. He’d say “Fudge, fudge try it out, it’s delicious”, and when no one tried it, he’d actually say aloud “Come on, what is WRONG with you people!” It was hilarious.
- Really uptight about moviegoers’ age. I remember they wouldn’t let me in to watch Mission Impossible 2. The teacher from my group had to lie and say I was 15.
- My sister would sometimes get these fits of home sickness, and the teacher would hug her and comfort her. Very warmhearted lady (a big contrast from the Brits in "Three men and a little lady"
- Once this old drunk passed us by on the sidewalk and yelled at the same Russian girl "MOVE, B--!" That was weird. Poor Russian girl.
- Very diverse. Black, Latinos and Indians everywhere.
- London is AMAZING. It's the coolest blend of classic and modern I've ever seen. Can't wait to go back.