View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #53
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
What would you say are some of the interesting differences you've seen in the UK?

I'm just so curious how you guys see us from the outside!
It's been more than 10 years, so I can't really remember. We were in high school, so even then most of us were too young to drink. But some of my classmates did wander past a pub where some drunk guy stumbled out, hit his head on the curb, and an ambulance had to be called because blood was everywhere. It wasn't all that late either! You Brits love your alcohol!

I think when I go to Europe in general, I'm so stunned by the tradition that still permeates everything. A lot of the buildings are hundreds of years older than anything we have in the US. My aunt got miffed in Italy because the everyday siesta interfered with her shopping. I've lived in larger cities in the US, and there's so much emphasis on innovation and the new, that the only real traditions you see are the ethnic areas, like Chinatown or Olvera St in LA, which is strongly Mexican.

Not to say that places like London or Barcelona are old stodgy towns, but the cities themselves have such history, that it's hard to ignore it. Everything in the US is still so new, and we think we're too cool to pay attention to our past yet.