View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #584
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
I think some comic book fans don't like Nolan because he showed the you don't have to be a slave to the comics and still be able to tell great stories. He did follow the comics, kept the essence of the character and used story lines for the comics while putting his own spin on things. From what I read some comics fans want to cut and past from the comics with no creative input from the writers and filmakers themselves. They make changes in the comics all the time. Film are no different. Some comic fans have double standards.
I disagree with that. TDKR's ending completely goes against the essence of Batman. In fact, the whole message of the movie overall - that anyone can be Batman, that Batman is a legacy, and that Bruce can retire the way he did - all of that is the exact opposite of what Batman's essence is all about.

Also, one of my biggest gripes with TDKR was how cut-and-paste the story felt because the comics they chose to base TDKR on didn't mesh that well together in the execution.

Joker also brought up a great point. No one has been a slave to the comics so far. In fact, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are more faithful than some of the MCU movies were.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote