View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #60
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I expect MOS to be Batman Begins-good, maybe even Rises good. ( I enjoyed Rises barely over Begins) But i don't see MOS being TDK good. I still consider TDK to be the best Superhero film we have gotten.
I want to be surprised though, and i'm hoping MOS is balls to the wall crazy good.
Even though the Richard Donner film is a classic, even though it jumpstarted the standards of what a comic book film can be, I truly think MOS will be the ultimate Superman film. I hope it turns out to be. God knows the Superman is a lame and boring character talk needs to stop.
I for one hope it's 10x better than Begins, especially when it comes to characterization. And dat 3rd act.

"A man named Hal Jordan was recruited 45 years ago into the Lantern core, flight testing in the midst of the Viet war. He hasn't returned to the relatively measured as primitive earth since. Upon his return from what could be considered hell, the weathered soldier and man out of time has short trimmed grey hair, scars, and a warning of a looming threat that motivated his return to his home planet. He's also surprised and weary to see a Kryptonian on Earth"
-Constuct arm from elbow down.