View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #952
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
My patience for such a dramatic change in this case would be far different. In 2004 they at least made an effort to make Jessica Alba look like Susan Storm. I definitely remember those days, and if you recall, my anger only subsided after they released that first still of the actress in costume. It was always a stretch and in the end I think they made an exotically gorgeous actress look weird and plastic. And she never looked like Chris Evans' sister. Ever.

In this situation, they would not be even making such an effort, unless they'd be doing the Michael Jackson treatment, and that would be a total waste of time and budget. I mean, what would be the point? Johnny Storm is an A-List Marvel Character--he's not a Nick Fury or Alicia Masters where changing his skin color wouldn't be quite as controversial. There are far more effective ways to add diversity to this film's main cast.

Bottom line for me is this: We've never got a proper Fantastic Four treatment. Here we have an opportunity to "right the ship" as it were. They've already tried to cast an actress of color to play a WASP character. It was an epic failure. Have they not learned?
And you could say, he never looked like Jessica Alba's sister. Ever...

And yes the first part of the 2nd movie, holy crap...it was once they got into the forest, and then the last scene...still gives me the creeps.

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...