View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #91
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
I agree with that. I just think the casting itself was good. I would greatly prefer setting up a strong relationship with Matt and Karen in the first film, in case they decide to go down the dark path later. Karen needs to be a real character and not a glorified extra if her fate is going to have any weight to it in later films.
So what would be a good story for a rebooted DD, should they do a gang war story or does that need set up? Should they go other villains, but many DD villains can be the Big Bad of a movie on their own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
There is already a great template for an MCU Daredevil film: Mark Waid's current run on the character. Its dark, yet it blends in with the rest of the MU perfectly.

If you do a DD film wrong, he could end up looking like a watered down version of the darker Batman flicks. I think a DD movie based of Waid's run would be something we're not seeing in current comic films.
How would you do a Mark Waid DD film? I think Mark Waid's run is working well, because it contrasts with the darker stuff previous writers have done, I don't think it would work as well without that contrast, which doesn't work in film. Really having DD fight Klaw in the recent comics works, because Klaw is an established Marvel villain, but that doesn't work on film, because he is not a DD villain and would have to be established else where to work. DD vs. Klaw story lines are not a good basis for a movie. Which Waid story lines in particular would work as a movie, because most them seem connected with years of Marvel continuity that wouldn't be present in the movies.

Last edited by The Overlord; 05-18-2013 at 11:46 PM.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote