View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #314
JackWhite
Third Man

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's how I took it as well.

I do think Bruce was quite smart in TDK, showing plenty of his wits and smarts. The marked bills in the mob's money. Knocking out Dent and stashing him away safely before Joker and his men came in. Getting the fingerprints of the shattered bullet. Wisely using the daylight hours to still be proactive in stopping crime like going to Thomas Schiff's apartment, and saving Reese's life in Lambo (both of which he achieved with detective work before hand). He even learned to not under estimate the Joker after being badly burned by him, seeing right through the Prewitt building set up as being more than it seemed; "It's not that simple. With the Joker it never is".
Yeah, this too.

The only time the Joker gets the better of him is when he switches the locations of Harvey and Rachel. But that's a pivotal moment in the film and it happens in the middle of the movie, so I don't see the problem with that.

The whole going after Bane thing just needed a better explanation of what his plan was when he went underground with Catwoman to find him. Bruce does tell Alfred "If this man is everything that you say he is; then this city needs me", so in saying that it's not like Bruce underestimated Bane completely. I felt Bruce was just too hungry and anxious to return as Batman, both by his need for Batman and then feeling it was his obligation to Gotham after seeing just how much of a potential threat Bane could very well be.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote