View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #169
\S/
The Real Steel Deal

Default Re: The early sale tickets at Wal-mart

The geek community here in southern Louisiana is an enigma. You never know where a throng of people will appear to wait in line or for what event. Since I'm a huge Superman fan, I decided I'd be on the safe side and get to the WM selling tickets to the theater where I want to see MOS early.

I wasn't sure how early to get there, so I decided to set the ol' alarm for 530 and then snooze until 6 if I could. Since I get up at 5 on weekdays, I awoke and found I couldn't go back to sleep. The excitement over getting my MOS tickets also kept me awake. I dressed and arrived to the WM at 630.

The signs for the advanced screening have been up for weeks now at all the WMs in our area. Most WMs have also had the displays with the tshirts and other stuff up as well. I talk to people at customer service who have no idea what I'm talking about, but they direct me to the photo lab, where I meet a very excited manager. She tells me I'm the first there and that they're hoping for a big turnout.

I read Superman comics on my Comixology app for an hour and half. At 756, a guy comes up behind me and says, "Is this the line for the tickets?" It's just me and him at 8 AM. I get my tickets and another classic t-shirt (can never have too many) and head out. I see a few more people buying tickets on the way out, but no line, no big turnout.

There wasn't a cake and while some employees had capes, they told me they had to return them after the promotion. Not sure if that's the case or not, but it seems they wanted to keep them for themselves, based on what I've read here and elsewhere.

I don't think the early screening sales are an indication of anything with this film. Think about it: outside of we diehard fans, even those who knew about this promotion aren't going to get up early to get tickets to a weeknight showing when they will more than likely wait to see a movie on the weekend.

That's why I think it's very important for us fans to spread the word. I have a strong feeling that MOS will be the surprise hit of the summer, but I think a lot of that will depend on positive word of mouth. I remember the feeling I had when I encourage people to go see Superman Returns and then found it hard to recommend it again after the first viewing.

I think MOS will do for Superman what Batman Begins did for Batman. I'm a writer and on-air personality for two stations in my area, so I'm going to write a review for our sites and hopefully, if I'm on air on opening day, I'll be able to plug the film as well.

A pic of my tickets with my Movie Masters! (Waiting on armored Zod and shackled Zod)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by \S/; 05-19-2013 at 03:58 PM.
\S/ is offline   Reply With Quote