View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #601
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I was just going to say that I interpreted the "we won" the same way. It seems to be referring to the Dent Act. The lie was the gamble. The law being passed was the payoff/victory.

Mind you, it doesn't mean Bruce did a thing as Batman before the legislation was passed. But to me indicates that he hadn't 100% mentally decided to hang it all up until the bill was passed. "The Batman wasn't needed anymore."

It's an important distinction to make because I don't think Batman was necessarily aware that he'd be heading for a long retirement when he took the blame in TDK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
But Blake speaks of Batman vanishing, last being seen "the night of Dent's murder." I don't see how you can have it both ways. He either vanishes the night of Dent's murder or the day the Dent Act was passed.

Though the film tries to have it both ways, I guess.
It's speculation on their part. A person seems to have vanished if they never saw them again, no confirmed sightings but that doesn't mean it's true. There's actually no proof from Blake or anybody that he indeed disappeared. Yeah, to them he vanished but why couldn't that be a false statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
The mob was already crippled, because The Joker burned all their money. That was shown to us before TDK even ended. All Gordon had to do is round them up.

And it's a bit silly to try and think about when the Dent Act could've realistically been put into place, when the Act itself is highly unrealistic. And again, who cares, cause the mob was already crippled. The Dent Act could've gone up a year later, and the mob still wouldn't have been stable.

Again, if there were unconfirmed sightings, that would mean that Batman never truly vanished. Even if the sightings were true or not, it wouldn't lend itself to Batman vanishing, in fact, it would do the complete opposite of that.

Plus, you're making it out like Blake saw Batman ride out himself after the Dent fall, when he didn't, cause he was still a kid at the time. Even as a kid, Blake knew that Batman ceased to exist.
Whether it's unrealistic or not, it's irrelevant.

You remember last night? The way you talked down to people like you had to spell things out for them to make em understand?? Well now im putting you in the same position. How many times do I have to say that just because Blake said he vanished, it doesn't mean it's pure fact that he never appeared again. How would anybody know for sure that Batman wasn't out there lurking in the shadows, even if there were sighting, they could have been unconfirmed. TheShape, me, and a handful of others told you this and you still don't take it in. If what you say is true, and people didn't even see a sighting (unconfirmed), then he's a damn ninja dude. He can get away with not being seen.

Blake is just using the term like "When Batman disappeared that night, y'know when none of us ever saw him again". That actually means nothing. If a drug lord is never to be found again, he flees a city according to the police, they never saw him again and neither did most people so to them he's vanished...but does that automatically mean it's true? Could he have been hiding out in the city the whole time, never getting caught? Sure.

Your argument just doesn't hold much water to me.