View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #614
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post

You remember last night? The way you talked down to people like you had to spell things out for them to make em understand?? Well now im putting you in the same position. How many times do I have to say that just because Blake said he vanished, it doesn't mean it's pure fact that he never appeared again. How would anybody know for sure that Batman wasn't out there lurking in the shadows, even if there were sighting, they could have been unconfirmed. TheShape, me, and a handful of others told you this and you still don't take it in.
Yeah, and a handful of others were/are telling you the opposite. What's your point, you haven't even come close to making any kind of sense.

Again, you keep saying there could be sightings, yet, Batman had vanished. I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense. That totally contradicts itself. If there were any kind of sightings(confirmed or unconfirmed), that lends itself to the possibility of Batman being around, which means, to that particular possibility, he never vanished. Either you're discounting what Blake said(which you are), or you're not making sense on purpose(which I can't tell if you are).

And what are you spelling out for me, now? So now we're not to believe the words of a character within a movie(Blake), but we're to believe your assumptions, based on no evidence whatsoever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
If what you say is true, and people didn't even see a sighting (unconfirmed), then he's a damn ninja dude. He can get away with not being seen.
Ok, this right here, what does this even mean? What is your definition of "unconfirmed sighting"? Because it sounds to me like you're saying that if people don't see a sighting(which doesn't make sense), that it is unconfirmed. That's not how it works. How can someone not see a sighting?

Quote:
Blake is just using the term like "When Batman disappeared that night, y'know when none of us ever saw him again". That actually means nothing. If a drug lord is never to be found again, he flees a city according to the police, they never saw him again and neither did most people so to them he's vanished...but does that automatically mean it's true? Could he have been hiding out in the city the whole time, never getting caught?
Ummmm, sure, as long as there were no sightings(confirmed or unconfirmed) of said individual, then yes, it would make sense that someone vanished, cause once again, they were never seen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
"FROM SIGHT".

So...to the eye, Batman had vanished, but that may not have been the case...

thanks for making my point, Trav
What is your point? "From sight": which means nobody would be able to have a sighting.

Now I'm wondering if you guys know what the definition of "sighting" is.

"So to the eye, Batman had vanished, but that may not have been the case"...."so to the eye, Batman had vanished"....."so to the eye".

"Eh ohs, I put on a smiley face mask and stuff. That ways, I can see faces"

-Robin John Blake