View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #632
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Yes there is. Blake explicitly mentions the night of Dent's murder. It sets the context of the discussion. Nothing in the film implies what you are saying. A face value reading comports with what we're saying.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
So Batman was out there in the shadows... just hiding not doing anything? What's the point of that?

If he was taking down criminals, then there were sightings, and he hadn't vanished. Why? Because Bats doesn't kill, so those criminals would still be around to tell (guess who?) the police about what happened.

Trav isn't trolling. He's being logical. You guys want an active Batman AND to have Batman "vanish" "from the eyes." Impossible.
LOL the way they're presenting their argument sounds like a total contradiction. I mean in every way. From what we've been told to what they're describing they think happened, or wanted to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
This is getting pretty desperate. Everything in the movies points to Batman being absent for 8 years. There are numerous statements in the script to that effect, and supporting statements from the director. I'm sure we all agree that is unfortunate, but there is really no mandate for some alternative plot line to be imputed. You can reason that what everyone in the movie says is wrong, and that they just don't know the full facts. Fine, but that doesn't give you a stronger argument than it would for absolutely any other occurrence that may have happened 'off screen' between the movies.

Can anyone show me categorical evidence that Harvey Dent was meant to be dead? All we know is that everyone in TDKR said he was dead, and events stemmed from that fact. But they could have been wrong. Perhaps they just meant he died...inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Yes, but this entire debate, and I mean, the ENTIRE debate stems from the fact of Batman sightings. How can people not see sightings?

Shauner, dude, then how could there be any kind of sightings?

Even with an unconfirmed sighting, people still have to see something. Whether it is confirmed or unconfirmed is another thing entirely.
It doesn't make a lick of sense! None.

- The Joker