View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #92
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Default Re: Favorite villain of the trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post
How is it that anyone is choosing Vanko?

Don't get me wrong, I think Mickey Rourke did a decent job in portraying a Russian thug...but let's not forget that the original Vanko villan (Anton) was Crimson Dynamo, not Whiplash.

Sure, in the multiple revamped 616 continuity, Anton is now Whiplash, but he is much longer known as the Dynamo, and his backstory is more established as Dynamo.

In recent years, Whiplash has been used as an amalgamation villan far too often, being a generic female foe (AEMH), being a robotic assassin of Mr. Fix (IM:AA) or a handful of other appearances. But his first appearance against Iron Man wasn't even as a Vanko villan! He was in fact Mark Scarlotti. Whiplash only became a Vanko villan in 2010.

In my mind, the worst villan portrayal was Whiplash, followed closely by Mandarin.

But there have been many CD's and more than one Whiplash. How many Mandarin's have there been?