View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #709
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post

Yeah, I feel like I run into this argument all the time. I dislike when its just used defiantly as a last stand sort of defense for a view when all other arguments have been disproven.

On the flipside, to be fair there are lots of people on these boards who treat their preferential opinions like facts, so I understand why people are so defensive about it.

...and with even more fairness. It's hard to express that your opinion is not fact over the internet. We're here to discuss and that often means defending one's ideas too. So many times on here with defending an idea myself or someone else will be seen as trying to present the opinion as fact when in actuality it's only to further refine the idea against the points recently made.

There's a lot of subtlety that can be missed on a forum with the constant emoticon to back it up.

But some people most certainly believe that what they say is gospel simply because they believe it.