View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #984
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I really hope that they gave this film a much bigger budget than the previous film since it became obvious at the second half of “The First Avenger” that they were low on budget considering the story that they were trying to tell.

So far, we’ve gotten some pretty big spectacles from Iron Man 3, and Thor: TDW seems very promising in ramping up the action considerably (in an Avengers-like Scale) when compared to its predecessor (Thor 1). I hope that applies with CA:WS as well and that we get some set photos of some major action sequence involving Captain America and WS.
CA:TFA had a 140 mill budget..thats a lot imo, same as the first Transformers movie.and i always say its one of those movies where i didn't see the money on the screen. Take these movies for example: Life of Pi and Prometheus cost 130 Mill. Oblivion- 120 mill,Cloud Atlas -100 mill. Yet these movies were bigger in scale and had a lot more VFX than TFA.

This is one thing i hope Marvel Studios eventually improve on. For how expensive the movies are, most of them haven't been particularly visually stunning, save for the Asgard scenes in Thor imo.