View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #59
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Like I said before, MCU is not like X-Men. Plus MCU planned it from the very start to have separate series for Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America and their other characters. They also planned to bring them together in an Avengers movie once in a while. X-Men is nothing like that.

Could you really see FOX releasing movies for New Mutants, X-Force and their other characters and expect them to perform great at the box-office. First Class was the lowest grossing film and even if grossed 350 million worldwide and it still heavily relied on the "X-Men" brand. And if the other spin-offs will just rely on the X-Men brand, this franchise would face over-saturation.

I'm expanding by mind because I'm not only thinking about what the fan-boys want, but I'm also thinking what will these spin-offs do to the entire X-Men franchise when they don't perform well at the box-office. You are the one who aren't thinking straight if you think FOX can pull a Marvel Cinematic Universe with X-Men. X-Men doesn't have a lot of characters that can carry a film on their own. Wolverine can carry his own film and FOX saw that, thats why we are already getting a 2nd film, but as you can see, there isn't much hype to The Wolverine compare to Days of Future Past because Wolverine with the X-Men sells more than Wolverine by himself. Thats the same thing with X-Men, they don't attract to the general audience that much if Wolverine isn't included in the picture.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote