View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #769
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Today was the hottest day of the year so far here on the northeast. I decided to pop in the TDKR soundtrack in the car. Let me tell you, driving on a scorching hot day with the windows rolled down and "Imagine the Fire" blasting really brought me back to all the emotions I was feeling last summer, both before and after the release of the film. It was nice to be reminded of the passion that I had (and still do) for this franchise, as it's easy to get jaded when you've seen the films tons of times and spend a lot of your time debating them and reading people's criticisms of them.

I'll truly miss the hype. Man of Steel is easily my most anticipated film of 2013 but if I'm being honest, it doesn't hold a candle to my hype for TDK and TDKR. No matter how great it is, it just comes down to me being more of a Batman fan. I can't recreate the same enthusiasm for every big franchise film, and Nolan's Bat-films just had a very, very special place in my heart and they definitely have left a void. I've got a wedding to go to the weekend MOS comes out and I probably won't even get to see it opening weekend. Whereas with TDKR, I missed a rehearsal dinner for a wedding just to make sure I caught the midnight show. And people actually understood, because they all know how big a Batman fan I am.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not hating on MOS. It looks freakin' spectacular and stands a chance to be a quite special film. Just, Batman>Superman is all, in general. If I can't say that here, where can I say it?!

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 05-22-2013 at 01:37 AM.