View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #293
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
I'm curious what makes The Dark Knight Trilogy (TDKT from here on out) a thing of the past in your eyes now. Man of Steel is continuing what TDKT started, not moving away from it. Of course, MOS incorporates powers (it's Superman it's not like you can avoid them) but, unlike Marvel's films bar perhaps Iron Man, it looks to be diving into the hero's psyche, much like TDKT. So, I'm curious, what is it to you that makes MOS a stepping stone away from TDKT? Is it powers? Since those are unavoidable in a Superman movie but unnecessary for Batman. I'm sorry, that's all I can really think of. Man of Steel looks to continue TDKT's dramatic storytelling and is more of continuing what TDKT started rather than going a different direction.
What I meant was the fact that DC's cinematic heroes are no longer isolated from each other. They are going to follow what Marvel historically started from now on in the future. For so many years, especially from 2000-2008 we had too many standalone superhero movies each in their own continuities, I always wished that "wouldn't it be great if they were all together in a single movie continuity? " Now my wish came true. We now live in a world where it could be possible that Hulk could wrestle with The Thing or Wolverine could fight alongside Captain America in WW2 or Spider-Man saying hi to Nick Fury (for all that to happen Marvel needs to make unrefusable offers to Fox/Sony). Bottom line is a shared world is possible and I love it and I'm not afraid to yell it out.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote