View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #361
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's probably the case, yeah.
But it still doesn't explain the initial setting. It's still weird as hell for (a) an old cement mixer to be parked in the center of an otherwise empty abandoned train station; (b) big-ass cargo containers to get stacked like LEGO blocks; (c) three random kids to wander into an otherwise abandoned train station for no apparent reason; (d) three random kids to treat a cement mixer floating in mid-air the same way they would a sculpture in a museum; and (e) the director to want us to care --- or worse, *not* care --- about these totally random kids in a totally random scene.

I don't think there's anything remotely random about these kids, or the setting, or what's going on there. This is borne out by the fact that the trailer starts off with them, and spends a comparatively great deal of trailer time focusing on them and this incident (as opposed to brief snippets of random college students, bobbies, and townsfolk reacting to the arrival and presumed assault of Malekith's earthship or whatever in London).
The kids didn't get a "great deal of time" spent on them. They get less than 8 seconds face time.

That little shot is just showing the affects of physics on Earth as the "The Darkness" has shown up, ala Odin's commentary .... and those youngsters are just besides themselves as to what is going on. We also get to see anti-gravity when Jane is being held up in the air by Malekith and when his ship arrives.

It's not the Runaways man, I know you've suggested that quite a few times.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 05-23-2013 at 10:48 AM.