View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #363
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
The truck is moving in the first shot. It's moving slowly but it's visible when you compare it to stationary points in the background.

My take is that three kids find a truck floating in the air in an abandoned building. One kid goes up to it and pushes it, making it spin but stay in the same space. Why the truck is floating in the air is impossible to say for certain though. I'd guess that it has something to do with the arrival of Malekith, but we'll see. We see cargo containers and what could be the same truck outside, in weird positions, when Thor takes Jane to Asgard.
To me it didn't look like the truck was moving in the first shot, just that the camera moved ever so slightly to follow the character into the picture is how I interpreted the movement, but maybe I need to get my eyes checked and I will take your word on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I think the kid moved it just by touching it. Physics are probably weird due to malekith, the truck probably starts to float, then the kid touches it, maybe gently pushes it, since the truck wouldn't be weighed down by gravity, it's mass is what's relevant, right? Cause weight is the force of gravity on an object? If it's defying gravity and just floating there, a little touch or gentle push would be more than enough to just cause it to rotate, or lift up. That's what is happening in that shot
Sounds plausable from a physical stand point that this could be what is happening, but I agree with cherokeesam's comment below that there might be more to them putting these kids in this odd location exactly at the time this event happens. I mean sure it could be coincidence that they are at the right place at the right time, but it might not be also. Hard to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's probably the case, yeah.
But it still doesn't explain the initial setting. It's still weird as hell for (a) an old cement mixer to be parked in the center of an otherwise empty abandoned train station; (b) big-ass cargo containers to get stacked like LEGO blocks; (c) three random kids to wander into an otherwise abandoned train station for no apparent reason; (d) three random kids to treat a cement mixer floating in mid-air the same way they would a sculpture in a museum; and (e) the director to want us to care --- or worse, *not* care --- about these totally random kids in a totally random scene.

I don't think there's anything remotely random about these kids, or the setting, or what's going on there. This is borne out by the fact that the trailer starts off with them, and spends a comparatively great deal of trailer time focusing on them and this incident (as opposed to brief snippets of random college students, bobbies, and townsfolk reacting to the arrival and presumed assault of Malekith's earthship or whatever in London).

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."