View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #73
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: How to avoid rehashing elements from the Nolan Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I sometimes wonder if there's anything left to say with the Batman character. After seven movies, is there really anything to do other than episodic Batman vs. Villains? We've seen camp Batman (The 60s series, the Schumacker films) fantasy based Batman (the Burton films), grounded Batman (The Nolan films), is there any tone at this point that won't simply synthesize past movies?
I think a Batman Beyond would be extremely new for the franchise. Arkham Asylum, not just concept/plot (with many different villains all at the same time) but the tone...that's another fresh idea.

Burton did things that were more true to Batman, or had more in common with BTAS and Nolan did things that were spot on as well. But to combine them, would be something amazing. For example the gothic looking city of Burton's first movie but something that feels more like a real location (like Nolan's). Filming in places like Europe where you have this gothic architecture. It makes the city feel real but as if it's trapped in some period piece.

The black/grey classic suit. That whole look hasn't been done in live-action. It deserves a shot.

Taking things that audiences have seen throughout the 90s movies like the classic batmobile, Dick Grayson, villains like Riddler/Penguin/Freeze but approaching it with the seriousness of the modern Nolan films. While adding new villains, new gadgets, possibly 3D.

Some of those things don't sound new, just a combo of the past films, but when you combine them..it's a fresh take and it serves the Animated Series and the Paul Dini/Bruce Timm style a lot more.

His mind and fighting can be enhanced as well. More than the general audience has ever seen from Batman.

I do worry that the writing will be predictable though. Just a Batman vs a villain detective story every single movie. I would hate that. If it was all style and no substance or originality. There's always a chance they'll just bite Nolan's style or get really lazy. Im not interested in seeing that.

But there's a few different plots that they can choose from, to make it style AND substance. Fresh interpretations for a new generation.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote