View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #85
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: > Design FOX's Production AGENDA since DOFP (2014-2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
As I can't see FOX just returning to the past after DOFP, how about a film that combines both casts in a different format?

Like maybe a film that focuses on Scott and Jean (both alive in the present after DOFP) and Sinister. Extensive flashbacks to their recruitment will fill out a villain plot that has been brewing for years.
Flashbacks might be one way to do it, yes.

Hopefully at some point, Storm gets a flashback/origin sequence too. Maybe in a later film with Shadow King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
That was their only chance because they were done horribly. If they were well handled we'd probably have seen more of them. I'd rather a character be untouched than wasted.
The time-altering effects of DoFP allow all the X3 minor characters to be reused because history will turn out differently through ripple effects. The Vinnie Jones version of Cain Marko might never exist (perhaps mummy Marko's pregnancy/birth was problematic and so she had another child soon after and called him Cain). That would mean another man called Cain Marko might exist.

Similarly, Callisto was never referred to by name and didn't have the signature eyepatch or the more recent tentacles, Psylocke was wasted (the role was cut during production) and never referred to by name and Multiple Man could also appear again (bring back Eric Dane or just recast).

Reimagined versions of those characters wouldn't cause any problems. I doubt they will reuse Callisto and I'm not sure they would bother again with Juggernaut, but Psylocke is a strong possibility to reappear.

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote