View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #533
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Killian doesn't know which of his soldiers are stable or unstable. As far as he (and Savin) knew, Taggert was okay at the time.
Right. But he's also smart enough to know that there would be a distinct possibility of something going wrong. If the whole operation is constructed primarily to keep things in secrecy, letting these guys go to Hollywood just doesn't seem to be a wise decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
2) Tony didn't fix Extremis years ago because, as far as he knows, Extremis was just a nifty little experiment with plants that Maya Hansen, a one-night stand, showed him at a party 13 years ago. There's nothing to indicate that he knows anything at all about AIM, Killian, or Extremis in the 13-year interim.
Perhaps, but with someone possessing such ingenuity I'm assuming he could've saw the benefit in it, particularly when he's capable of making it functional. I feel like if he looked at it long enough to surmise how to fix it, then surely he must've realized the potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I agree, but I'm just saying the Ducard/Ra's twist is similar, unlike the Bane/Ra's example the was given.

As for your other points: I'll just have to watch again to see if anything sticks out. I've only seen the movie once.
Definitely similar in a literal sense, I just feel one serves a dramatic purpose and has reasoning behind it while the other just appears to happen for comedic relief with no real reasoning beyond that.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 05-23-2013 at 04:48 PM.