View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #366
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
To me it didn't look like the truck was moving in the first shot, just that the camera moved ever so slightly to follow the character into the picture is how I interpreted the movement, but maybe I need to get my eyes checked and I will take your word on it.
Yes, the slight camera movement masks the movement of the truck pretty well, but I feel certain that the truck is moving. I could be wrong but I don't think so as I went back and checked my downloaded 1080p copy before posting. We'll see in time I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Yeah, I just watched it again and your right that Truck looks just like the same one that the kid was flipping inside. Thanks for pointing that out to me I didn't catch it during the several previous times I watched the trailer. So, then the question becomes is it the same truck or just another very similar truck from the same company. I would be leaning towards the same truck, but then the question becomes how did it get outside. Did the kid move it while this strange event was happening? To me that would seem unlikely, despite him being more curious then afraid in the video, I still think that once that initial curiousity wears off he would probably freak out and take off (if he is not controlling it). Now if he was controlling it then to me the not being afraid part makes more sense and the idea that he would stick around long enough to show off to his friends and perhaps even move the vehicle from inside to outside makes more sense. However, it doesn't necessarilly explain the cargo containers having similar things happen, unless he was showing off even more by flipping those around to his friends, but I must say the fact that the cargo containers are all flipped around makes me think it is more of an event related situation. So, really what I am saying is I have no clue. Lol

On a side note the two container's stacked together in the one shot of Thor meeting Jane looks like Mjolnir. I wonder if that was intentional.

Surfer
Yes, it's hard to know. My only guess is that maybe metal objects get affected by something, perhaps an arrival as the objects seem placed in a circle outside. It might be that it starts with just some gravitational anomalies and as it really happens things are drawn to that spot outside.

So what I'm saying is I don't know either.

That stack reminds me more of a Stonehenge sort of thing but who knows, it might be a symbolic hammer. In any case it's too neatly stacked to just have landed like that by pure accident.