View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #648
TheFuture
Rising

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
They wish. Whedon's iteration will be written 10,000X better than Singer's. Have you ever had the misfortune of watching Superman Returns? That was a character Singer supposedly "cared about" too. This is merely an "F You" character in an already cluster*** of a film. I shudder to think...

Whedon will make him look like a fool!
What I'm saying is that I've followed Whedon since Buffy. The man is big on original thought (well as original as you can be adapting a comic book) and does *not* like to be stifled creatively (he happily saw Buffy switch networks due to creative issues).

Whichever way you look at it this will effect what Whedon had in mind in terms of the similarities of how the characters are portrayed, how Singer's Quicksilver is received by the audience and whether or not he has to add anything he wasn't initially planning on to distinguish his Quicksilver from Singer's.

It really does bring up a myriad of issues that Whedon might think are not worth taking on now.