View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #149
batfreakforever
A real fan

Default Re: How long did Nolans Batman actually fight crime?(SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXtremisT View Post
I always figured it was a year, but the general consensus is TDK happened 8 months after Begins.

Sounds a bit far-fetched to ve drawn out that long.
There is NO way the events of Begins from where Bruce returns to Gotham and becomes Batman, and when he fights Ra's is 2 years. It sounds ridiculous, I can believe from when he returns from Asia to Gotham, and the end of the film, is a few months (5+ I'd say).

And with regards to little Jimmy, I always thought he had 2 or more? children, and Jimmy was not the baby in Begins.
You really think the Joker could be at large for 3 years before Batman ever came into contact with him? (Given the scene where Gordon tells Batman about it, and the first meeting at Bruce's penthouse). It was probably more than 8 months like others have said.
Even the Joker says in TDK "Let's wind the clocks back a year. These cops and lawyers wouldn't dare cross any of you. I mean, what happened? Did your balls drop off? Hmm? You see, a guy like me...".
So Batman was probably at work for a around a year after Begins, bringing the mob down.

The events of DKR are supposed to be in 2014? Or something.
Which gives:
2014 DKR
2006 Last confirmed sighting of the Batman after Dent's murder
2005 Batman first appearance, Bruce becomes 30
2004(or early 2005) Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham
1997 Joe Chill's murder, Wayne travels and trains with the League (22 years old)
1985 (Presuming he is 10 by the time his parents are killed)
1975 Wayne is born

Or if you go by the other theory that because TDK and Begins are ~2007-8, then DKR is 2016, and that would mean Bruce was born in 1977.
I just go by what has been offically been put out, either in the dark knight manual, the making of books or the novels etc. If it says he was Batman in the BB suit for 5 years then I go with that. Then I try and line that up with events/comments made in the films. If it makes sense to yourself then that's all that counts yeah.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote