View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #67
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Even if you want to consider the timing of Singer's tweet to be a little bit suspect, it doesn't matter because, as I said, how/when one studio exercises its usage rights to the characters has absolutely zero bearing on how/when the other studio exercises its usage rights to the characters.

@Mr. Dent: I read the article to which you're referring and didn't see anything in it that says that Quicksilver is only going to be used for one scene; all it says is that there's one specific scene for which he's ideally suited and in which he will be prominently featured. End. of. Story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitflix
Singer has just cast Evan Peters as Quicksilver for "X-Men: Days Of Future Past." He's shooting first, so presumably, he will win the showdown in terms of being the first to define the character on film. Marvel has larger plans for the character, though, and wants to use him for more than just one action sequence. The way the arrangement works, Marvel Studios cannot refer to the character as a "mutant," and they can't mention Magneto at all. Likewise, Fox can't make any reference to The Avengers in their film.
I don't see how this is refutable. He says it in no unclear terms right here that Marvel has larger plans for the character and he will only be used for one action sequence in DOFP.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote