View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #72
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
And I disagree with that. Maybe later on as they had already decided to go with the retcon, and even then I don't think so, but not before then. They were being lied to and blackmailed into joining the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and were saved from being hurt by people just like Magneto saves every mutant. They left when they realized Magneto was really the bad guy. And that's still irrelevant to me, because up until before they gain their powers he has no role in their lives at all. The people who they are in A2 can be the same as they were from the comics because Magneto had no role in who they became.
I said he was a father figure. I didn't say he was a good one.

And he absolutely had a role in who they became. Because of Magneto they became actively involved in the affairs of the world. Because of Magneto they were branded as terrorists by the authorities. Because of Magneto they had to seek to redeem themselves in the eyes of the public. Just because he wasn't around until they were young adults doesn't mean he didn't have an impact on who they became.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote