View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #75
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
How is that any different? He specifically says Fox is going to use him in one action sequence and Marvel has bigger plans. There are no uncertain terms to it. He's not saying "I think" or "maybe". He's saying "it is". He's saying it as fact. He's not saying it as speculation.
This is kind of splitting hairs, but I think lying implies that you know for certain that what you're saying is untrue. Stating what you think is probably true as a fact is speculation.

Quote:
So again you're saying he's lying. He doesn't have to site sources, he's a proven writer who is good on these scoops. Again, what you're doing is the equivalent of saying a THR and Deadline scoop is speculation/lying. No one sites sources on these scoops for obvious reasons, we just know their credible when what they report comes true, and he has been proven. You're really reaching.
First of all, you always have to cite sources. Without source citation there's no reason for anyone to assume that what you're saying is correct. Even the most credible journalists make mistakes and without credible sources then for all anyone knows they made one this time.

Second, I'm not reaching and I'm not saying he's lying. I'm saying I don't have any reason to assume that what he's saying is true. Until what he's saying is verified by a source then I'm not going to take it as an absolute fact.

I'm not discounting the notion that he could be correct, but without hard evidence to back it up then, for wall we know, it's just as likely that he's wrong.

Quote:
lol. You're reaching.
Nope.

Also, why did you type "lol?" Did you actually laugh out loud while you were typing that? If so, that's really weird.

Last edited by The Question; 05-24-2013 at 01:11 PM.
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote