View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #102
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
So?
Didn't you say the movie itself was intended tyo patronize the thug life? I wasn't speaking for the movie as a whole but merely Dwayne Johnson's portrayal as an actual thug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCU View Post
Watch Faster and Walking Tall. Espicially Faster where hes a con in it. While not that good films, Rock is good in both and both these movies show Rock would be perfect as Cage. Snitch as well.

I've seen those movies, and I'm one of the Rock's biggest fans, but I still wish someone else would be picked to play Cage. The Rock plays the overused "yea I made some mistakes in my past but I'm a good guy deep down" character. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of seeing that overused characterization in films! I am not saying the movie if cast the Rock will tank, (quite the contrary) but I want to see someone who is actually a scary dude that you don't want to mess with in real life. Case in point, I mean the Rock comes off as a cool guy you can poke the occasional insult to, but if you push him too far he could put you in the hospital, or the grave. II don't want to see that guy play Cage, I want to someone you know not to mess with, someone with actual street credibility. But hey, if Rocky says he can pull it off I'll give him a chance.

[EDIT]

I still have vivid memories of the 1970's, and I always imagined Luke Cage played by someone like James Evans from Good Times (who use to scare the **** out of me as a kid).

Last edited by ObakeTora; 05-24-2013 at 01:28 PM.
ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote