View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #14
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: Who's side are you on?

I am excited that two superb filmmakers are going to deliver their own interpretation of a comic character. Each has their own aesthetic, and it is going to be a reward to see Quicksilver in context of each respective film. At the end of the day, the publicity is going to boost interest in the character, and sales of reprints involving the character (to an extent,) as a result, so it is a win-win for fans and the comic publisher.

Having noted my fanboy excitement, I do have to admit to feeling bummed out the ill will between the studios. Yesterday, when I was walking, I was mapping out the possibility of a shared universe between Marvel Studios and Fox - especially with Millar as their creative consultant-and was excited, especially after considering the almost built bridge between Marvel and Sony. Part of me knows it is impossible, but still hopes that one day all three studios can establish a continuity between their franchises.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote