View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #83
Mr. Dent

Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Here is the quote from Hitfix:

All it says is that Bryan Singer has designed a sequence that is exclusive to Quicksilver. It never says that Quicksilver will only be used for one action sequence and nothing else.
You forgot about this part:

Quote:
Singer has just cast Evan Peters as Quicksilver for "X-Men: Days Of Future Past." He's shooting first, so presumably, he will win the showdown in terms of being the first to define the character on film. Marvel has larger plans for the character, though, and wants to use him for more than just one action sequence. The way the arrangement works, Marvel Studios cannot refer to the character as a "mutant," and they can't mention Magneto at all. Likewise, Fox can't make any reference to The Avengers in their film.
Quote:
It's not highly doubtful that Carol will be in GOTG. Once again, an assumption of yours with nothing to base it on. How are you assuming that a Carol Danvers cameo would be hard to work in when you haven't seen the movie? It's possible that she could end up with the powers by the end of GOTG and TA2 after encountering the Kree.
No way that's happening. Yes, it's an "assumption", but really dude, come on, you think they're going to shoehorn Mar-Vell and Ms. Marvel's story arc into GotG? Come on. They wouldn't disrespect the characters like that. When Ms. Marvel and Mar-Vell ARE introduced into the MCU, they will be given ample time to develop their storyarcs and and arrive to the point where Carol gets her powers and becomes a relavant factor to the Avengers. It won't be an asile plot to GotG that would be extremely out of place and not match the character at all. I'm not going to say there's no way Mar-Vell will be in GotG, he very well could be or at least hinted at, but Carol being there is imo absolutely out of the question. She doesn't belong in space with Star-Lord, it would be a slap to the character and I'm sure that's not what people want when they badger about her being brought to film.

And we already have two new Avenger-related characters being brought into A2, there is no reason to jampack the movie with even more characters just for the sake of having them there, like I said. People should just be patient until the time comes for the characters to be brought into theMCU rather than constantly moaning about the Maximoffs being brought in ahead of BP, Ms. Marvel, etc just because they don't know as much about their characters.

Quote:
And now you are assuming that Quicksilver is a rush job and a cash-in by Singer that won't matter. Singer's past X-Movies have not been like that, so what makes you think he would start doing that now? It's not about them "jam packing" characters into DOFP. Singer has a script, and all of these mutants play a part in it. Quicksilver has been a mutant that he's wanted to feature in one of his movies for a long time, and has most likely had a part in DOFP from the start.
Huh? I was referring to people moaning and complaining about 5 of their favorite Avengers not being brought into A2 while the Maximoffs are.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote