View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #61
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Default Re: Why is everyone slamming TDKR? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
The moment Bane realizes he is screwed, after Batman cuts the tubes in his mask, is priceless. It was just sheer panic on his face.

But yeah, that's always been my main complaint with TDKR, stuff being cut out, but I have gotten over it. It was still a great fight, just wish it would have been perhaps a minute longer.

I remember reading the official shooting script, and there was a part about Batman and Bane getting separated by tumblers in the middle of the street. I don't think that got filmed though. And there was a shot of Bane grabbing Batman's neck that never made it into the film, and IIRC, it was said in the novelization for TDKR that Bane was trying to break Batman's neck.
I loved that part of the movie...specially the rapid fire barrage Bane unleashes (that and the way he swats batman with a forearm when he approaches him). More fight with this heightened intensity would have been very much welcome...

Ultimately the 2nd fight is a bit of a letdown because it feels too easy and batman doesnt really do anything to signify he truly overcame Bane.

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote