View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #685
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I would've responded to anyone, your post just happened to proceed mine's first. And why not? Just because it is not directed at anyone does that not mean you can't discuss it?
And you still don't get my aggravation of this, lol. Your posts were of the condescending type just because I mentioned why I bring up the GA because most of my friends would fit in that demo. I didn't appreciate the attitude, that's all and the attitude towards me since your replies seemingly came right after my own.

But you mentioned TDK needs to be viewed on its own merits...I agree, one shouldn't bring up the GA for that film anyways and look at the merits of TDK...but the same thing for TDKR. A film that is given reviews that fits it snuggly in between BB and TDK; that, imo, is a pretty good place to be situated in. While it may not be in the lightning in a bottle that was TDK, it does have high praise for sure and I think a lot of people want to not believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
And Anno, when we are talking about the GA, that does not boil down to just your friends. The general audience is much larger than that, which I am sure (and hope) that you are aware of.

Please read my own post in the last page as I was just stating my own opinion on why I bring up the GA. It wasn't as a "that's what people always do" kinda of thing.

Man, sometimes things are blown way out of proportion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Did Nolan really say he wanted TDKR to be his most realistic film? I buy the ambitious part.
That's because Nolan never said anything about wanting to make TDKR his most realistic film, lol. That's up there with the many ideas of the film that Shikamaru seems to have of the film when nothing is actually specified.

He made realistic practical effects, but he's done this in all three of his films.

And many times he had said he wanted TDKR to be his most ambitious film, and imo, he did succeed. In most of the praiseworthy reviews for the film, the word 'ambitious' is brought up numerous times.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote