View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #32
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Who's side are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
it's not a matter of "trying to explain," a lot of people realize the majority of QS and SW history belongs with Avengers.

But (and as the guy in the vid says) they are mutants. The have the x-gene. The x-gene is something that belongs in X-Men films. Avengers hasn't touched on it because they can't, and without it, they have to think up some other origin or no origin whatsoever. Those are my issues.

I think they need an origin. I think it should be an x-gene mutant origin. Therefore I think they should be in X-Men. That's as simple as it gets.

Even with cries of "Joss and Marvel will do the characters better!"

I dont care. Quicksilver is not so important to me.
Namor is a mutant too, but he doesn't belong in the X-Men.

I don't think it should come down to a particular characteristic you were born with that determines where you should go anyway. It's not that far off from people of different nationalities. If there is an "international" student group of Asians somewhere, should people automatically stick someone who looks Asian in that group as well if he or she has been raised and brought up in a Western culture and only speaks English? What people usually mean by these "international groups" is one full of foreign students for whom English is not their first language. The Asian brought up in the West might appear visually the same and have certain common traits, but he or she has been brought up and nurtured completely differently and would have trouble fitting in and communicating.

I voted that the twins should be with the Avengers, where they've spent the majority of their existence associated with that team.